The Benefits of Music Education
Every child is bound to benefit from some form of music education. Research shows that learning the do-re-mis can help children excel in ways beyond the basic ABCs.
More Than Just Music
Learning music facilitates learning other subjects and enhances skills that children inevitably use in other areas. “Music learning supports all learning. Music Training is very integrating, stimulating pastime or activity.
“When you look at children ages two to nine, one of the breakthroughs in that area is music’s benefit for language development, which is so important at that stage,”
“Recent studies have clearly indicated that musical training physically develops the part of the left side of the brain known to be involved with processing language, and can actually wire the brain’s circuits in specific ways. Linking familiar songs to new information can also help imprint information on young minds,”
This relationship between music and language development is also socially advantageous to young children. “The development of language over time tends to enhance parts of the brain that help process music,” “Language competence is at the root of social competence. Musical experience strengthens the capacity to be verbally competent.”
The Brain Works Harder
Research indicates the brain of a musician, even a young one, works differently than that of a non musician. “There’s some good neuroscience research that children involved in music have larger growth of neural activity than people not in music training.
Studies have found changes in the brain images of children who underwent 15 months of weekly music instruction and practice. The students in the study who received music instruction had improved sound discrimination and fine motor tasks, and brain imaging.
Research has also found a causal link between music and spatial intelligence, which means that understanding music can help children visualize various elements that should go together, like they would do when solving a math problem.
These skills come into play in solving multistep problems one would encounter in architecture, engineering, math, art, gaming, and especially working with computers.
Improved Test Scores
The concentration that music training requires develops the focus needed to perform well on a standardized test.
Along with better performance results on concentration-based tasks, music training can help with basic memory recall. “Formal training in music is also associated with other cognitive strengths such as verbal recall proficiency i.e.., verbal information stored in memory.
Music can improve your child’ abilities in learning and other non-music tasks, but it’s important to understand that music does not make one smarter. The many intrinsic benefits to music education include being disciplined, learning a skill, being part of the music world, managing performance, being part of something you can be proud of, and even struggling with a less than perfect teacher.
Why Music Training at aldebaran??
Aldebaran – ‘Jingles’ is the gateway to children to initiate the love for music to reach the destination of ‘ Symphony’ of the musical legends like Mozart, Beethoven etc.
The main objectives of the jingles is to train the young fingers to play the instrument by way of the ancient collection of Rhythm, Songs, Classical etc. After the completion of the basic techniques and lessons, the children are trained to appear for International Grade exams conducted by Trinity College of London UK, which provides internationally recognized grade certificates.
Instrumental Music: ADTI provides top notch musical lessons in a variety of instruments. High quality and branded training instruments are available to help students and teachers carry out the lessons. The lessons are conducted in a step by step approach covering from beginner to advanced levels.
• Piano – The lessons are logically organized and based upon well-developed, proven, unique methods of learning the elements and techniques of music through the playing of musical pieces. The lessons cover all basic music fundamentals, as well as all necessary and important topics of piano instruction: from essential piano skills and basic music notation to scales, chords, time signatures, sight-reading, and essential principles of piano technique. The course will cover the same concepts, principles, and techniques applicable to the piano layout, how to read notes, music symbols, perform chords, proper finger techniques, and major and minor scale performance. The course suits all levels of experience and abilities, from beginning to more advanced, and all age groups, from children to adults. Musical hearing, musical memory, motor skills, and logical thinking will show marked and steady improvement
• Electronic keyboard – The emphasis is to immerse the child in the music, so that while learning to play the keyboard, they are also developing an appreciation of the music. We believe to sustain a child’s interest, it is critical that they enjoy the music and the learning experience.
• Our specially-designed curriculum aims to sustain a child’s interest in music-making, and to stimulate their curiosity. We present musical concepts in different ways, to cater to different learning styles of students. This enables students to grasp musical concepts in a more intuitive way. For example, a student will be engaged in some body movements to aid their playing, or may do imaginative plays to get the lesson to come alive in the class.
• We strongly believe that the student will only be able to achieve the best results when the learning environment is nurturing, and the learning approach is customized for the child. The child should learn without stress, so that he can develop a love for the music. Our systematic and innovative approach enables the child to achieve a sense of mastery at every stage. Music brings joy to our lives, and our hope is to develop a life-long passion for music in every child.
• Violin – In this course, the child receives individual attention from the teacher. More emphasis will be placed on building repertoire. The student will also be consistently developing a good posture, producing good tone and be able to play with good intonation. The learning process is broken down into several small steps so the child will experience success. The child will learn how to possess good practice habit as this is vital for him/her to produce best result. The idea is to make the child his/her own teacher!
• The group class enables students to work alongside with peers who share a common repertory, musical skills and aspirations. Social interactions and opportunity to play as a group serve as positive reinforcement of skills.
• We strongly believe that the student will only be able to achieve the best results when the learning environment is nurturing, and the learning approach is customized for the child. The child should learn without stress so that he can develop a love for music. Our systematic and innovative approach enables the child a sense of mastery at every stage. Music brings joy to our lives, and our hope is to develop a life-long passion for music in every child.
We teach violin to students and children of any age and level. Our detailed although enjoyable methods of teaching would be suitable for all ages including children and adults. We believe in a strict methodical approach which a student needs to go through while learning the violin. Good bow technique produces good sound and therefore it is more enjoyable for everyone involved. Our methods include music theory skills and general musical knowledge. We make it a principle to build a solid foundation of technique through scales and exercises so that the student progresses naturally and without poor habits. We achieve the best out of our pupils through fun and enjoyable lessons.
• Guitar – Our course enables the child to build basic guitar skills step-by-step with the help of hands-on exercise and detailed illustrations
• Course include learning the parts of the guitar, from frets to strings, and learn how to tune the instrument. Explore the fundamentals of music notation and produce clear, beautiful notes and chords. Discover how to control your rhythm, tempo, and volume, and how to express yourself artistically. The classical guitar skills will allow you to play any style of music, from hard rock to country-and-western.
• Whether a beginner or an intermediate student, this course will take your musical talent to the next level.